FLA Student Committee
Many college and university students want to live in a world where workers’ rights are protected, and workplaces are fair and safe. These students aim to make this a reality through their academic study, campus leadership, and extracurricular activities.
FLA supports college students dedicated to human rights through a student committee that provides opportunities for real-world learning, professional development, and networking with peers, subject matter experts, and FLA staff.
Monthy seminars during the academic year offer students the opportunity to network with peers, learn from subject matter experts, and interact with professionals and academics in the fields of human rights and social responsibility.
Access to resources
Committee members gain access to FLA e-Learning modules, invitations to board and University Caucus meetings, and opportunities to attend other events. Students receive regular emails with resources and timely information.
Student Committee Journal
Students can choose to contribute to the annual Student Committee Journal: Social Responsibility Topics of the 21st Century. By writing an article and/or supporting the peer editing process, students have the opportunity to apply learning, showcase leadership, and demonstrate scholarship in human rights and social responsibility.
- 2023 Student Committee Journal: Social Responsibility Topics of the 21st Century, Volume 3 PDF | 341 KB
- 2022 Student Committee Journal: Social Responsibility Topics of the 21st Century, Volume 2 PDF | 7 MB
Committee application process
Undergraduate or graduate students at FLA member colleges and universities in North America are eligible to apply for the FLA Student Committee.
Ideal candidates demonstrate a personal, professional, and/or academic interest in human rights, labor conditions, and social responsibility. Students should be able to commit three to five hours per month during the academic year.
The 2023-2024 application process has concluded. Please stay tuned for the 2024-2025 application in late summer 2024.
2023–2024 Student Committee Members
- Nichole Lawrence, Columbia University
- Sena Lee, Columbia University
- Suparna Agrawal, Cornell University
- Katherine DeRose, Cornell University
- Janet Gilbert, City University of New York, School of Law
- Noel Seo, Stanford University
- Amina Shakeel, University of Connecticut
- Emma Romano, University of Arizona
- Gabriella Gooden, University of Delaware
- Hannah Laurits, University of Delaware
- Athena Garcia, University of Maryland, College Park
- Loren Steinberg, University of Michigan
- Allie Weina, University of Michigan
- Rena Lahn, University of Michigan
- Patrick Murray, University of Notre Dame
- Aditya Madupur, University of Pittsburgh
- Brett Doyon, University of Texas at Austin
- Cait McKee, University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law
- Zoe Kozlowski, University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law