Harvesting the Future – Access to Remedy is the second phase of an FLA-led project designed to create large-scale change on child protection and responsible recruitment through a “multi-commodity, multi-company, and multi-geography” approach.Learn about the original Harvesting the Future project
Phase two elevates topics that were identified as priority areas during the risk analysis in phase one.
- Child protection and child labor remediation
- Elimination of hazardous work for workers under age 18
- Access to basic services for seasonal migrant families in agriculture
- Responsible recruitment
- Grievance mechanisms
- Application of living wage standards
The new project, scheduled to last 30-months, focuses on remediation and will equip project partners through a series of six modules. Module content varies to match the maturity levels of suppliers’ internal human rights due diligence and remediation programs, resources, and the commitment levels of the supply chain partners and companies.
- Module 1: Child Protection and Remediation
- Module 2: Farm Level Monitoring
- Module 3: Access to Basic Needs and OHS
- Module 4: Responsible Recruitment
- Module 5: Grievance Mechanisms
- Module 6: Living Wage
FLA is responsible to implement the core modules among supplier project partners. Suppliers with mature programs will self-implement core modules with FLA delivering the advanced modules.
There are four agriculture commodities a part of the project. FLA established working groups to ensure operational level efficiency and the development of geographic and commodity-specific solutions.
New project partners and commodities are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Launch date: June 2021
- End date: November 2023
- Company partners: Nestlé, Marks & Spencer, Kellogg, CocaCola, VoiceVale, ABF/Jordan Dorset Ryvita
- Industry partner: IDH/SSI
- Supplier partners: Balsu, Ofi, Sabırlar, Yavuz, Durak Hazelnut, Gürsoy, Ronly, Jain, Jayanti, Kütaş, Birlik A.Ş., Ertürk, Osman Akça, Pagmat, Anatolia, KFC Food, Işık Tarım, Temel Gıda, Özgür Gıda, Grappa, Tariş, Tuğrul
- Project commodities: cumin, grape, hazelnut, tea
International “buyer” companies