Nike Inc Assessment for Reaccreditation
The FLA Board of Directors voted in February 2019 to re-accredit Nike’s social compliance program, the third FLA accreditation for the company.
Nike, Inc., is the world’s leading designer, marketer, and distributor of authentic athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories for a wide variety of sports and fitness activities is a multinational company headquartered near Beaverton, Ore., and an original FLA member company.
The FLA reaccreditation report noted Nike’s continuous review and improvement of its social compliance tools and social compliance program strengths that include:
- Nike’s executive management and board of directors’ commitment to uphold workplace standards
- Staff understanding of labor violations trends and expertise on methods for remedy with suppliers
- Strict protocols to ensure responsible purchasing practices
- Ongoing development of partnerships with external stakeholders to address systemic labor violations
- Innovative programs to support suppliers to improve factory-level working conditions
The new report notes that Nike, FLA, and the industry should continue to focus on issues including grievance systems and wages. The FLA will continue to provide programmatic recommendations to further every member’s labor compliance in support of the FLA mission to protect worker rights and ensure decent working conditions.