Under Armour Inc Assessment for Accreditation
The FLA Board of Directors voted in February 2019 to accredit the social compliance program of Under Armour, Inc. (NYSE: UA,UAA).
The accreditation confirms the company has strong policies and practices in place to set goals, monitor, and remediate problems to improve conditions for the workers within its global supply chain.
As a leading inventor, marketer and distributor of branded performance athletic apparel, footwear and accessories, Under Armour’s innovative products are sold worldwide to consumers with active lifestyles.
The FLA accreditation report notes particular strengths of Under Armour’s program, including:
- Board and executive level commitment to improving conditions and protecting workers, including the creation of Under Armour’s Sustainability Leadership Council, which includes senior managers from key departments.
- Regular training on workplace standards, transparency, root cause analysis, and health and safety for strategic suppliers.
- The creation of procedures to ensure workers have access to and are aware of the multiple grievance channels they can access, including directly to UA via confidential reporting.
- A comprehensive monitoring program that includes pre-assessment meetings with unions, worker representative structures, and civil society organizations.
- Demonstrated engagement with civil society and union representatives in key sourcing regions, especially East Asia, Southeast Asia, and Central America.