FLA seeks student committee applications for the 2022-23 academic year
Fair Labor Association announced today it is accepting nominations and applications for the FLA Student Committee for the 2022-23 academic year.Apply now Nominate a Student
The student committee provides real-life learning, professional development, and networking with experts dedicated to human rights to graduate and undergraduate students enrolled at FLA member colleges and universities.Learn more about the FLA Student Committee
Criteria for candidates:
Undergraduate or graduate students at FLA member colleges or universities in North America are eligible to apply for the student committee. Ideal candidates are able to demonstrate personal, professional, and/or academic interest in human rights, labor conditions, and social responsibility.
Students are expected to commit five to seven hours per month to committee activities from October 2022 to April 2023, including joining Zoom sessions from 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. ET one to two Fridays each month.
- Tentative Fall Schedule: 10/14, 10/21, 11/18, 12/2, 12/16.
- Spring schedule will be shared in November.
Monthly professional development seminar (one hour per month)
- Network with peers, learn from subject matter experts, and interact with professionals and academics in the fields of human rights and social responsibility.
- Monthly seminar sessions occur via Zoom one Friday each month from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. ET.
Capstone project (two to three hours per month)
- Identify group and/or individual project(s) to apply learning, showcase leadership and scholarship in human rights and social responsibility, and advance FLA’s work and mission.
- Monthly workshop sessions occur via Zoom one Friday each month from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. ET.
- Asynchronous time to work on capstone project(s).
Access to FLA events and resources (two to three hours per month)
- FLA e-Learning module access.
- FLA board and University Caucus meetings and other events.
- Emails from FLA with resources and current events.
The application period begins on Monday, Aug. 15, and concludes on Friday, Sept. 30. All interested students should submit an application. Applicants will be notified of acceptance on a rolling basis through Friday, Oct. 7.
Nominations are optional, as students can apply directly using the application form. If you’d like to nominate a student, FLA will let them know of their nomination and invite them to submit an application form.Apply now Nominate a Student
For more information:
Contact Danielle Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More FLA News
Webinar: Reaching Beyond Tier One Level in Textile and Garment Supply ChainsNovember 22, 2022 View Webinar: Reaching Beyond Tier One Level in Textile and Garment Supply Chains
FLA Board meets in Washington, approves five-year strategic planNovember 15, 2022 View FLA Board meets in Washington, approves five-year strategic plan
FLA Welcomes 2022 – 2023 Student CommitteeNovember 9, 2022 View FLA Welcomes 2022 – 2023 Student Committee